Your Life Just Got Simpler
Developing for Bluetooth technology is now easier than ever on the Android™ platform. Android 4.3 now natively supports Bluetooth Smart Ready technology. Hardware and software developers of Android-powered devices and applications can now write apps to a single Bluetooth API included in the latest Android SDK. This opportunity starts with the new Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 – among the first of a growing number of Android compatible devices to support Bluetooth Smart Ready technology.
It Gets Better
To make it even easier, the Bluetooth SIG is now developing the Android Application Accelerator (see more below). We designed this tool kit to cut time-to-market and save valuable resources by providing everything needed to quickly build a Bluetooth application for Android 4.3.
This opens a new world of innovation and revenue opportunities for developers across many verticals—sports and fitness, medical, smart home, consumer electronics and more—to capture the imagination of consumers worldwide with accessories and applications that make life better, give more insight and help make better decisions.
Bluetooth isn’t just a wireless protocol, it’s a developer’s platform. It offers low power, low cost, a smaller footprint and high security. It isn’t the same-old Bluetooth technology anymore. It’s transparent, straightforward and easy to use—unleash your creativity to do amazing things.
Bluetooth Technology + Android—Getting to Market Faster
- Since native support for Bluetooth Smart is built directly into Android 4.3, developers can use a single Android Bluetooth API to reduce resources and development time
- Getting started is easy. The Bluetooth Special Interest Group offers trusted third-party expertise and all the resources needed to get developers up and running faster
- COMING SOON*—a new tool coming soon from the Bluetooth SIG is the Android Application Accelerator. It cuts time-to-market and saves valuable resources by giving you everything you need to build a Bluetooth application.
*This tool will be available shortly. Give us your email (we promise no SPAM) and we will let you know when it’s available to download. It’s free, so why not?
Bluetooth Technology + Android—Creating Enormous Market Potential
- Bluetooth enabled appcessories are projected to experience massive growth—220 million units this year to nearly 1 billion per year by 2016 (ABI Research)
- Bluetooth technology connects virtually anything. There are billions of devices already in the world (and growing!), creating endless development possibilities
- Virtually limitless market for application developers with Bluetooth technology as an open platform, global standard and ubiquitous device ecosystem
- All major operating systems now support Bluetooth technology including the Android ecosystem so you can easily expand your market